Tuesday, December 14, 2021

My Days of Being Confident in Making Games

 So, yeah, like the title said, I used to be confident enough on making games. I would check on the internet for game rules, study them and make my own games. Even before then, I would be careless about not checking any rules on the internet and just making a game.

However...

...that was then...

Nowadays I don't have the passion for it anymore. I see that now, my ideas would be old school and I see how there are many others that are more talented than me. Other than that, being a dad makes me become busy with thinking of how to provide for the family. It takes most of my time, and more often than not, time just passes and there was no chance for me to test any idea.


I remember back in the days when I got hooked to TRPG like Dungeon and Dragons, even though I never played it before. It got me wanting to own my own set of dices, and with back then nobody selling it and you have to ask a friend to purchase it from you overseas, I dived deep into the network.
And there I found these papers module on how to make the dices. It made me excited, and printed them using my work place tools, even to the point of laminating them in the excuse of "for teaching materials" 😂😂😅, but it was a fun activity, as I even made some sort of game which mix DND with Betrayal At the House on The Hill.


I still have those dice now. One of them was already broken if I'm not mistaken, however, others are still intact. My daughters played with some of them sometimes, as I don't play with it anymore. Heck, even sometimes I wanted to buy a proper dice just to play a proper DND.

For now, I don't know what I should do with dices, however, seeing them makes me remember some of the past. I can't deny that my passion has fizzled out. I still have grand ideas of games, yet, those ideas are just there in my head, without ever even realized on my computer screen.

I guess, this is something that you have to pay for being old. Yet, I wonder if I would be able to leave something from time to time....


No comments: