Saturday, January 15, 2022

Tomorrow Might be a Bad Day

 So, yeah, like what the title said, tomorrow might be a day that would change my life. It's a long story, but I guess I'll tell you guys if it really turns into a bad day. Anyway, for today story....

This was my wife's cat. She passed away back in 2015, well, because of old age according to my wife. I never had a good memory of her. Well, maybe funny memory existed, but other than that it was bad.

I got married to my wife and had her immediately. Well, for my wife, she's like a daughter, so, before we have our own daughter, my wife was pampering her so much.
For me, myself, I was fine at the beginning with my wife having a pet. However, after we got married, that's when I started to hate her. Why? Because she pooped on our bathroom mat.
"It's just a bathroom mat. Why the bother?" Well, if it's only once, I won't mind about it, however, it happened five times and it cost us all our mats. I got so angry and one time I tried to throw her from the balcony, but I failed. She was so fat, the throw didn't even look like a throw.

Since then the relationship between me and her was so so. I don't really care about her that much. And by the time my daughter was born, I could see that she thought of herself as a big sister and guarding my daughter. Unfortunately, it was not for long...

I think it was a few months before my daughter's 1st birthday, my wife's cat got really ill. She barely ate and puked most time. Then it was one day, me, my wife and my daughter were going to the supermarket. By the time we departed, my wife's cat was sitting in front of the house, sunbathing. My wife tried to tell her to enter the house to no avail. We then decided to just let her stay outside, never did we know that it would be our last time seeing her.

By the time we came back, she was not there. Well, it was not uncommon for her to be walking around the area of our houses and return by dusk. However, by the time night came and she hasn't back yet, my wife panicked. We tried to wait until morning and by morning, my wife started the search by herself because I have to stay with my daughter. And, after days of searching, then it was decided that she had passed away somewhere.

From then, a dying cat leaving the house is something I'm familiar with. Which makes it easier to explain to my ex-colleague when my ex-boss cat was jumping the fence of our office and got hit by the car. The cat was trying to escape the office so many times that day, and finally, it was able to escape and reach the road, where I was not sure if she was on purpose jumping to a car or not. But, I know for sure she also wants to die far without her master, just like my wife's cat before.

No comments: